Goodness me, I got an award, x 3! And I totally stole the picture from umbramuse.
You all three people are too kind. I haven’t even really been here much lately, so even nicer to be nominated,
by the radiant, sparkly:
Meg, author of The Paradis Legacy
cynanyx, author of A Royal Prettacy
umbramuse, author of Bedlam ISBI
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
OK then! First up, Meg’s questions!
- Generate some random items and write a short paragraph story including them!
An orange, a wrench, a bottle of soda, a pail, and a bottle of perfume.
So I had this orange tree, right, and a big pile of oranges. So I reached for my trusty wrench, hammered the oranges to slush and poured all of that lovely orange goop in a pail. Then I made soda. I spilled most of it, so I only got one bottle of soda out of an entire pail. Bummer. Anyway, turned out it smelled pretty good so I’m using it as my perfume now. Bit sticky behind the ears, but I don’t mind.
How did I do? 😛
2. What is the strangest dream you can remember?
A field of leathery, giant red sperms. The rest you don’t want to know. No, really, you don’t.
3. If you could live inside a video game as an NPC, which would you choose?
I don’t play video games. Haven’t played a single one, ever. I get motion sickness. But I watch when my boyfriend plays and I really enjoyed the atmosphere and story line in Life Is Strange, so I’d choose that one.
4.What is your biggest pet peeve?
I hate it when people are loud for no good reason. Like, if they’re just talking, why are they so loud? People who are loud in forests and the like are the worst. Hate it.
5. If you had to choose anyone (alive or deceased) to be your roommate, who would you choose?
Probably Anaïs Nin, she seems like someone who was both nice, neat, interesting and a good listener, liked to sit alone and read but also liked to go out on the town. Lots of interesting friends, so we’d go to the best parties and have the best conversations. I’d always be jealous of her though. Or Björk. But I’d be jealous of her as well. And her clothes. Both of their clothes, which I couldn’t borrow, because they are/were both tiny.
6. What is the last book that you read?
Waste – a Lady Novel by Sigrid Combüchen, I don’t think it’s been translated into English, but that’s what the Swedish title translates to anyway. It’s a feminist novel of a woman/several women whose lives were “wasted” on fashion, jewelry, dreams of love, home making etc in the 1930’s. The question being, were they wasted or were they not? Maybe both yes and no. Good book.
7. If the main character from the last TV show you watched tried to kill you, would they succeed?
Most definitely! We’re currently watching The Blacklist.
8. What is something (book, movie, game, etc.) that you will never get bored of?
Never say never! Sims 3? 😛 Movies – Hairspray (1988). Book – I don’t re-read books much, but The Waves by Virginia Woolf is perfect. I haven’t re-read it, but I read it veeeeery slowly so it would never end. I’ll re-read it soon, I think.
9. If you could have a home built in any style, which would you choose?
Some 19th century British style I don’t necessarily know the name of, it’s quaint but not exactly cottage with straw roof, a bit more eclectic than that. The “revival” styles – more practical and sanitary but still pretty. Gothic and Tudor are both nice. Or I’d just move into the palm house in Kew Gardens, that could work too. Ho-hum, “practical”.
10. If you could only listen to one musician for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
The Magnetic Fields. Or I don’t know, Schubert maybe? The rest of my life is a long time, it would have to be someone who has been very productive so I never wear the music out.
11. What do you enjoy most about this community?
People give me nice stuff and they are nice!
MOAR QUESTIONS! By cynanyx this time.
1. If you could live in the universe your stories take place in/ that your sims live in, would you?
Where the pets, fresh vegetables, funfair, clubs, swimming pool and gym are free, diamonds and emeralds and rubies are just lying on the ground everywhere, there are fairies and witches and I get promoted every week? HELL TO THE YES!
More specifically, would I live in Glendalough by Neuroticrobotic? Absolutely! I’d like a bit more people in my town than 150 though, but apart from that, I’d move in tomorrow.
2. What’s your dream job (one that actually exists in the real world)?
Traveling around the world, writing about it and taking gorgeous pictures.
3. What’s your favorite song, or your favorite band/singer?
Song.. ugh, there are too many. I couldn’t pick that ONE PERFECT song, but Black but Sweet by Wilmoth Houdini is a runner up for Coolest Song Ever Written.
Sabres of Paradise version is also sick.
4. What’s your writing process? Do you do anything unusual or funny while writing or to come up with ideas?
Sorry, but no. I’ve been writing pretty much every day since I was able to, so I just do it. All the time. I couldn’t NOT write. I never form an opinion on anything before writing down my thoughts about it first.
5. Any funny or weird facts about yourself or someone you know? If you can’t think of anything, put a quote or a picture of a cute animal here.
Uh.. as a kid I used to have (almost) photographic memory, especially of text. I could memorize about ten pages full of text, word for word. It’s nothing like that today. I was also epileptic, but I outgrew it. Maybe the photographic memory went away with the epilepsy. 😛 Win some, lose some?
6. If you could live anywhere for the rest of your life, whether it’s real or not, where would you go?
Anne of Green Gables seemed to live in a really nice place, the fictional Avonlea in Canada? I guess it’s similar to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island – which looks just like Scandinavia and UK to be honest, only more perfect and picturesque. I guess I like it where I am, I only want it to be more like a story book! 🙂
Above all, it can’t be too hot. I really don’t like heat, humid heat especially.
7. Favorite quote? If you don’t have one or can’t think of anything, put whatever you want in this space.
I have that magnet on our fridge. 😉
8. Is there a movie or book character you’d like to become (it’d be permanent)? If so, who?
Orlando maybe. Admit that it would be awesome to live through several centuries, AND change your sex while doing it!
9. Do you have any pet peeves? Is there something in particular that annoys you?
To avoid saying “being loud for no reason” again (although it cannot be said enough) I really don’t like it when people bail on me just because they’re too lazy to show up. If I say I’m coming, I’ll be there, unless I actually fall ill. The whole “attending/not attending” facebook culture is making people seriously lazy and non-committal.
10. How did you get into writing your blog, or writing in general?
I had a double knee injury, was confined to my bed for two weeks and then to the flat and then the block, and I was depressed and very bored. I started out with a “Do it as you go” challenge, which is similar to an ISBI in many ways (it’s delightfully stupid) and posted it on MTS, and then at last I was out of the house but still enjoyed posting about idiots. It was November and the weather was dreadful, so I started Absolutely Cuckoo.
11. If you could be the best in the world at one thing (such as playing a specific instrument, playing a specific sport, or painting), what would you pick?
Sculpture, I think. There is just something so awe-inspiring about a life size or even larger than life size sculpture.
And noooooow… umbramuse’s questions!
1. Hi, how are you?
I have pelvic pain like a mOFO. Thanks, fetus! Other than that, not too shabby.
2. I’ve had the misfortune of having Avril Lavigne’s “Hello Kitty” stuck in my head for the last three days. Has a certain catchy tune been on your mind lately?
It’s about murdering your girlfriend’s boss because he’s a sexist asshole. “Kill them”. I sing it pretty much every day and have for the last month or so.
3. If you could only eat one meal, three times a day, for the rest of your life (cost and calories not an issue) what would it be?
Either bagel with smoked salmon, cream cheese, dill and chopped red onion. Or shredded hash browns (Rösti) with the same toppings, plus bleak roe.
4. Is there one thing you wish you could go back and change in your Sim challenge/story/legacy?
I should have planned the last two generations a bit better so they didn’t last for so long.
5. What tv show have you recently binge-watched or what book have you recently blazed through?
Orphan Black and Penny Dreadful. *heart eyes*
6. Go anywhere fun over the summer? (Staying home can count as fun.)
We went to Fårö (Sheep Island) last week, where Ingmar Bergman lived (and shot a few movies as well). It was Emmanuel and I and three other people who shared a very small cabin: outhouse, solar camping shower and all. Fårö is atmospheric, a beautiful but VERY windy island. We went there to run a barn cinema for a week, the whole experience was very quaint but had its ups and downs (blew a fuse 15 minutes before the film was about to start, bumped the car on the way home, ran out of battery when boarding the ferry etc). I saw BFG (good) and The secret life of pets (excellent) and missed the other movies unfortunately, because the 1950’s theatre seats were pretty but uncomfortable. 🙂
7. Is there a new game/show/movie/book you’re really looking forward to this year or the next? If so, what is it?
I’m not REALLY looking forward to Lights Out but KIND of looking forward to it. Away seems good as well. Much better, in fact.
8. If you had a chance to instantly learn any language in the world and speak/understand it fluently, what would it be?
Japanese and Mandarin would be awesome, don’t really have a preference. Japanese is much easier to pronounce, but I heard the grammar is much harder too.
9. Right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous? (Where my lefties at?)
Right-handed in writing, ambidextrous when eating. I had a hard time learning which was “right” when laying the table. To me, both is right!
10. Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? (Read: Umbra got lazy and is quoting lyrics from a Carpenters song…she’s also referring to herself in the third person. What a moron.)
Probably because I’m with my dad and he actively seeks their company. He’s a die hard bird watcher, travels the world to see them all. On my own, I don’t think they appear, unless they are gulls or jackdaws, because they are everywhere.
11. And finally, for you crazy kids and your Pokemans: Mystic, Valor, Instinct, or ‘forget that, the real question is Sun or Moon’?
Pokemon Go would make the process short with my poor geriatric phone . So I’ll go with Sun, because Sol Invictus after all.
Gosh golly, did you read all that?
Anyway, here are my questions for you:
- What did you have for dinner – or, if it’s not dinner time yet, what did you have yesterday? Was it good? Did you cook it yourself?
- It’s late at night in a small town and you’re heading home. You can either take a well lit detour – 30 minutes – or the shorter walk through the cemetery – 15 minutes. It’s pitch dark in there. Which route do you choose?
- Pet birds, you’re getting them – 10 zebra finches or one parrot?
- Tell me something about one of your grandparents. Or all of them, if you like.
- Your favourite teacher in school and why you liked her or him.
- Build a tree house or a dollhouse? Get a tree house or a dollhouse?
- Ever had a romance with someone who was taken? If yes, how did it end? If no, define what cheating is to you. Where would you draw the line?
- You’re describing the colour pink to someone who was born blind, what would you describe it as?
- Do you want kids? Why/why not? If you already have them, did you always want to? If not, what changed your mind?
- If you’re young, what’s your IDEAL vision of yourself as an adult, say 45 years, where will you live and what will you do. If you’re already an adult, not necessarily 45 but still, what was your ideal vision of yourself as an adult when you were ca 18? Are you close to that vision now? Is it still something you aspire to?
- Your MIL is planning to knit you a jumper. She’s taking your measurements and shows you the pattern and yarn she wants to use – the jumper is REALLY ugly. She’s very excited, but knitting the sweater will take her more than a month. Honestly now, will you smile and thank her and then never wear it, or do you tell her you don’t want the jumper before she begins knitting?
My nominees are:
- Secrets of the Sixkillers
- A Clover and a Bee
- Hottie and Bagger – a dual uglacy/prettacy
- Surrounded by color
- The Maitland Round-Robin Legacy
- Young Forever, a backwards ISBI
- Sample a Brave legacy
Obviously not 11 but I tried to pick some that haven’t been given awards yet, at least to my knowledge. I haven’t been around that much in the community this summer so I’m a bit out of the loop. Oh well. Check them out if you haven’t already!
And if you read all of that, you deserve a croquembouche.
NO CAKE IF YOU SKIPPED TO THE END!
(ok you can nibble)